Renew Your Green Card,
Apply for a New One Before it Expires

If you are a lawful permanent resident of the United States whose 10-year Green Card will expire within the next 6 months, you may fill the Form I-90, provided by USCIS. The renewal application can be completed online or sent via postal mail along with the corresponding fee.

If you are outside the United States and your Green Card is still valid, you should file your application as soon as you return to the country. Otherwise, if you are outside of the United States when your card expires, you must contact the nearest American Consulate, USCIS office or Port of entry before submitting the I-90 Form.

The renewal process starts six months before your card expires. Do not apply for renewal too early. Remember that incomplete forms are not processed by USCIS. Do not forget to sign and date your application. You will be required to pay a fee of $450 to USCIS (2014). This includes the filing fee $365 and the biometrics fee $85. Please note that this fee is subject to change.

We can provide timely assistance to keep your Permanent Resident Card valid
Schedule a private and confidential consultation with our team to discuss your case and options
We can help you complete all paperwork and submit your Green Card renewal application in time

Contact Immigration Attorney Alice Antonovsky for:

  • Family-Based Immigration
  • Family Reunification
  • Special Programs and Treaties
  • Political Asylum
  • National Interest Waiver Visa
  • Deferred Action for Childhood arrivals (DACA)
  • Citizenship and Naturalization
  • Waivers
  • Employment-Based Permanent Residency

3 Things You Need to Know
About Green Card Renewals

After submitting your application, you will receive an appointment notice for biometric processing at an ASC (application service center)
Form I-90 is not applicable for conditional residents. If you are a conditional resident you may use the Form I-751
If your application for renewing your Green Card is denied, you cannot appeal against the denial. However, you may submit a motion to reconsider the unfavorable decision.
to discuss your immigration options with New York Immigration Lawyer, Alice Antonovsky.
Key Facts About Green Cards
The Green Card or Permanent Resident Card is an identification that shows evidence of your permanent resident status in the United States. The document displays your name, alien registration number, country of birth, birth date, resident date, fingerprint, expiration date and photo.
Green Card holders are lawful permanent residents in the United States. The Green Card categories vary depending if you currently live inside or outside the United States.
The main categories are: green card through family, green card through a job and green card through refugee status. A Green Card is valid for ten years. The expiration date is printed on the front side of the identification document.
  • Johanna
    I contacted Alice Antonovsky because a close…
  • Martin G.
    So many applications, I didn’t know what to do...
  • José Hernandez
    I contacted Alice Antonovsky when I needed...
Designed by CreativeWorks, Pocono and Lehigh Valley Web Design Agency

Home > Renew Your Green Card