телефонные номера:

США: + 1 718 9242896
РФ: +7 495 1284 791
Call Us
Text Us
The Law Offices of Alice Antonovsky, PLLC takes pride in helping its clients legalize their status in the United States, apply for the right kind of visa and keep their families together through the most suitable application method.
Apply for an H1b Work Visa,
Become a US Foreign Worker

As a nonimmigrant work visa, the H1B allows U.S. employers to hire foreign individuals with the required set of skills. To apply for it, you must have a valid job offer to prove that you will be performing a specialty occupation and get a wage for it. Every year, there is a cap to fill with foreign workers. If the cap is 65,000, the first 20,000 applicants with a U.S. Master’s Degree or higher are exempt from that number.

In recent years, Obama Executive Actions in addition to the CIR (Comprehensive Immigration Reform) have tried to increase the H1B cap from 65,000 to 110,000 or to 180,000 per year, in case of excessive demand. Nevertheless, there still haven’t been any changes when it comes to the H1B quota increase – it’s not happening in 2017. H1B cap is confirmed to be 65,000 for regular applicants and 20,000 for those with Master’s Degrees.

As you can see, a very large number of applications are expected every year, so have yours ready and triple check in time. An H1B visa’s validity is subject to the worker’s permanence in the position. If the foreign worker wishes to change jobs, he or she would have to submit a visa transfer petition with a new sponsor. It is not necessary to wait until the transfer is issued to begin working with the new employer.

Contact Our Team To Schedule A Confidential Consultation

determine your eligibility to immigrate to the U.S. as a foreign worker
applications can be overwhelming, we will guide you through the entire process
resulting from years of experience in the most diverse immigration cases
Alice Antonovsky

• Family-Based Immigration
• Deferred Action for Childhood arrivals (DACA)
• Naturalization
• Temporary Protected Status
• Asylum
• Employment-Based Immigration
• National Interest Waiver Visa
• Family Reunification

Key Facts About the H1b Work Visa
  • Being a working visa holder means you will enter the United States legally and employed. Having employment stability is a critical factor for every individual who relocates to a different country.
  • While having your H1B visa, you can still apply for a permanent residence status. Which would include your immediate family as well.
  • The H1B visa allows you to switch employers as long as you apply for a transfer. So your options as a specialized professional are not limited. H1B visas allow you to stay in the country for up to 6 years.
Go to our Immigration Resource Center
3 Things
You Need to Know about
YOU’LL NEED TO COMPLETE ALL REQUIRED INFORMATION in Form I-129 and make sure that is clear. Remember proper documentation is needed as proof. You will also need proof of your educational background and its relevance to the specialized job you are going to perform.

YOU NEED A CERTIFIED DEPARTMENT OF LABOR LCA TO FILE YOUR PETITION. By submitting the LCA to the Department of Labor you are showing that you comply with all H1B requirements. You must then send the LCA, along with the H1B visa package to USCIS.

AS OF DECEMBER 2016, THE STANDARD FILING FEE FOR FORM I-129 for a nonimmigrant worker went from $325 to $460. It is imperative to pay attention to USCIS announcements so you can stay up-to-date, while preventing rejections or delays.

Learn More On Our Blog

US immigration suspension Trump’s Immigrant Visas Suspension: What Does It Mean? - President Trump announced a temporary immigrant visas suspension in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. We… ...
eb1 and eb2 visa What Is The Difference Between An EB-1 & EB-2 Immigrant Visa? - EB-1 and EB-2 visas are popular options for those seeking legal status in the U.S.… ...
employment-based visa Labor Certification – The Road to Acquiring a Green Card Via Employment - Your dream is to live and work legally in the United States. Getting there can… ...
U.S. Work visa Temporary Work Visas: Immigrating to the U.S. as a Foreign Professional - The United States offer temporary work visas for foreign professionals with a job offering or… ...
How to apply for an EAD How to Apply for a Work Permit in the U.S - In times of immigration uncertainty and potential policy changes, it is extremely important to learn… ...
Foreign Workers: Here’s What You Need to Know About US Work Visas - US Work Visas are numerous, each one designed to fit the foreign worker's purpose. Keep… ...
Send Us a Message
Home > H1B Visa

Your Immigration Lawyer
Alice Antonovsky
New York, NY