телефонные номера:

США: + 1 718 9242896
РФ: +7 495 1284 791
Call Us
Text Us
Immigration Law: Apply for a Tourist Visa to Visit the United States

Immigration Law: Apply for a Tourist Visa to Visit the United States

Brazilian tourists are now visiting the United States in record numbers. Many of these tourists are making New York their destination. The number of visitors from Brazil coming to the city jumped 15 percent in the last year. The increase is likely due to new measures (Immigration Law) that have speed up the visa processing time for visas issued from Brazil.

Previously, visas were only issued from four U.S. consulates in Brazil. In 2012, the U.S. State Department opened new offices and added more staff. The wait time for a tourist visa is now about a week, down from over three months before last year.

If you are planning to come to the U.S. as a visitor, you will need to obtain a visa unless you are a citizen of a visa-waiver country. There are two classes of visitor visas according to the U.S. Immigration Law. The B-1 visa is for people traveling to the U.S. for business. The B-2 visa is for tourist on vacation or coming to visit friends or family.

Immigration Law and Tourist Visas

You apply for a visitor visa by completing an application. The exact process for applying may vary depending upon your home country. Consult your local embassy or consulate for more information.

Once you complete your application, schedule an appointment for an interview at your local U.S. embassy or consulate. Come to the interview with:

  • Your valid passport
  • A copy of your visa application
  • The visa fee or a receipt showing you paid the fee
  • A current photo that clearly shows your face

In some cases additional documents showing the purpose and duration of your trip may be necessary. Even if you are not specifically asked for additional documents, it is a smart idea to bring documents related to your trip to the interview. Contact my Immigration Law if you have questions about applying for a U.S. visa.

Send Us a Message
Home > Visa > Immigration Law: Apply for a Tourist Visa to Visit the United States

Your Immigration Lawyer
Alice Antonovsky
New York, NY